This tool is used during meetings to keep on track without forgetting about issues which arise and need to be discussed, but are not specific to the issue at hand.
- Assign either the team recorder or another team member to be the Issue Bin Collector.
- Assign the following issues to the Issue Bin:
- topics that will or may be addressed later
- questions that can or should be deferred until the end of the agenda
- items that can or should be the subject of future agendas
- The Collector asks a person who did not raise the issue to paraphrase the issue.
- When all agree on the wording the issue is recorded in the issue bin, which is always posted in plain view.
- At the conclusion of the meeting, the issues in the issue bin are brought out, one at a time, and discussed to see if they are still issues.
- Any issues which remain after the discussion must be addressed in a future meeting.
(click on the image to take you home)