A structured form that makes it easy to record and analyze data.
- Agree as to exactly what event should be observed. Everyone needs to be looking for the same thing.
- Decide on the time period during which data will be collected, e.g., during certain hours, days or weeks.
- Write the categories down the left side of the paper. Draw a row across the paper for each category.
- Make a hash mark in the category row each time the category occurs in the data.
- Total the number of hash marks in each category.
- Title and date the check sheet.
Errors on Benefits Forms, June 1-5, 1996
|Omitted data||lllll lllll lllll||15|
|No signature||lllll lll||8|
(click on the image to take you home)